Curriculum VitaeMarc Meadows, P.E. | Forensic Expert Witness
Having spent over 30 years in the world of engineering, Marc Meadows conducts forensic investigations and provides forensic expert witness services regarding mechanical equipment. Marc offers his mechanical engineering expertise to help review legal cases and serve as a unique forensic expert witness.
- University of Texas at Arlington
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Areas of Concentration: Manufacturing, Design, and Metallurgy
REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Registered Professional Engineer in Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Washington, Michigan, Missouri, Illinois, California, Ohio, South Dakota, Delaware, Florida, Pennsylvania, and New Mexico.
- Registered Professional Engineer in Ontario, Alberta, and Nova Scotia, Canada
- Range Safety Officer (NRA)
- Registered Design Engineer (DOT)
RECENT RELATED EXPERIENCE
Meadows Analysis & Design, LLC – President, 2000 – Present
As a registered Engineer in thirteen of the United States and three Canadian Provinces, we solve a variety of problems for client fabricators, manufacturers, and designers in many industries including airport equipment, overhead cranes, water treatment, wind towers, oil & gas equipment, pressure vessels, and trailers. Using Finite Element Method, Computer Aided Drafting and Solid Modeling, we are involved in the design, verification, and analysis of machines and components. I have been awarded one U.S. patent and have one more pending.
KWS Manufacturing, Inc. – Engineered Sales Manager – 2003
I recruited and contracted new sales representation around the country, added technical expertise to projects, served as liaison for ASME pressure vessel code certification, and engineered product solutions at this screw conveyor manufacturer.
ACE Engineering, Ltd. – Project Engineer/Product Manager – 1997-2000
I configured, designed, drafted and produced bills of materials for crane components including overhead hoists, trolleys and end trucks for capacities up to 200 tons and 500 horsepower. I had customer contact by quoting, troubleshooting, and taking orders. I was the consulting liaison and lead team member for ISO 9001 registration. Duties during 2000 included performing sales, quoting, engineering, design, expediting, customer service, and parts sales for their end trucks division.
Maddox Metal Works, Inc. – Engineering Manager – 1994-1997
I built an engineering department at this multinational manufacturer of snack food processing machinery. This required hiring, management, communication with sales, manufacturing, and end users on four continents.
Self Employed – Contract Designer – 1993-1994
Clients included Chaparral Steel (now Gerdau) and Dynex U.S.A. in Midlothian, TX, Alumax in Texarkana, and others. Design projects were mainly in mill machinery and equipment.
Signal Metal Industries, Inc. – Estimator/Project Manager
I estimated, managed, purchased, and expedited jobs for this heavy steel fabricator. I was also liaison for Signal to obtain ASME pressure vessel certification. I also designed some lifting equipment.
MEMBERSHIPS, LICENSES, COMMITTEES, ETC.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Chair of West Texas Section 2003- 2008, Committee on Professional Development and Licensure 2008-2011, Trainer at multiple Leadership Training Conferences
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers(SME) and the American Institute of Steel Construction(AISC)
- American Welding Society(AWS), The Association for Iron and Steel Technology(AIST)
- Texas and National Societies of Professional Engineers(TSPE, NSPE)
- Licensed Professional Engineer in States of Texas, Michigan, Illinois, California, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Missouri, New Mexico, and Washington
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the Provinces of Alberta, Ontario, and Nova Scotia, Canada
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences Associate Member(AAFS), Engineering
- Order of the Engineer
- Industry Advisory Board for Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department of the University of Texas at Arlington 2004-Present
- Water Environment Federation(WEF)
- National Academy of Forensic Engineers(NAFE), Correspondent Member
- American Petroleum Institute(API)
- U.S. Patent 8,418,386 B1 Mobile Vehicle Display Device
- U.S. Patent Pending 502142023 Restraint System and Method for High Pressure Pipeline
Meadows, Marc, “Pipe Joint Failure Analysis at an Oil Field Fracking Site”, Proceedings of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences 66th Annual Meeting February 2014.
- Industry Advisory Board for the Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering School at the University of Texas at Arlington
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- National and Texas Societies of Professional Engineers (NSPE, TSPE)
- American Society of Materials (ASM)
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS)
- National Academy of Forensic Engineers Correspondent (NAFE)
- American Petroleum Institute (API)